Marshall Park is a neighborhood in Southwest Portland. It gets its name from the park within the neighborhood Marshall Park. The neighborhood borders Markham to the west and north, South Burlingame to the north, Collins View to the east, and Arnold Creek to the south. Marshall Park was donated to the City of Portland by F.C. and Addie Marshall. The property was officially accepted as a gift from the Marshalls on June 13, 1951. Additional acreage was added to the original donation in the 1950s. Marshall Park is a natural area with hiking trails in the middle of a 400-foot-wide canyon, which is natural drainage basin for Tryon Creek that runs through it. Within the park is a waterfall framed by rock boulders. One of the notable features of the trail system is a small stone bridge which spans Tryon Creek.
Marshall Park neighborhood has three major roads running through it: SW Landcaster Rd, SW Arnold St, and SW Taylors Ferry Rd. Also on its southeastern border is SW Boones Ferry Rd that provides a very quick access to Lewis & Clark College that is within minutes from the neighborhood. Marshall Park residents also enjoy the close proximity of Tyron Creek State Park located in Forest Highlands neighborhood of Lake Oswego.
Neighborhood Data for Marshall Park, Portland, OR
|Walkability Score||22||Minutes by Car to Downtown Portland||19 min|
|Population||1,354||Population Density (per sq. mi.)||2,677|
|Median Age||41||Home Ownership %||92%|
|Parks (% of Neighborhood)||14%||% of Homes within 1/2 Mile of Parks||76%|
|Average Commute Time||22 min||% Commuters by Public Transit||4%|
|% of Commuters by Bike||2%||% of Commuters by Walking||5%|
|Number of Transit Lines||0||Number of Bus Lines||4|